Wednesday, April 22, 2009

China Wall (Purple Canyon)

Here are some shots of the scenery at the China Wall. We went riding on Sunday with the Back Country Horsemen (BCH). We split up into three different groups 1 going really steep 1 steep and the rest of us on a more relaxed route. The China Wall is a nice place to ride but if your animals are not in condition I recommend the more relaxed route. We were to meet at a designated spot for lunch, however we never saw any of the other people again that day...so much for a group get together. We had one lady with us and her husband went on a tougher ride guess who was carrying their lunch....yup she was, I would guess the rest of his group took pity on him and shared. Apparently the big group got lost....huh huh we had their fearless leader with us. I bet next time we go they opt to stay together. We had a good ride anyhow, the weather was a bit fickle, not much sun and lots of wind. I got a windburn on my face. We saw lots of sheep they were not very afraid of us, we were riding right up on them. There were Elk and deer everywhere. This area has become quite popular....lots and lots......of Mountain Bikers not so great on narrow trails.





This Mule insisted on having his picture taken so here he is. This guy stepped into every one of my shots so finally I just gave in and took his picture. This was the Mule Moxie was leading.
Jean was trying to get pics of her Mules but the ham was horning in on the action.Herb and Moxie and..... you got it the Mule.
This is Dave and Buster, Jean must have been telling him a good story. Last but not least two ladies I'm not sure what their names are.....I am terrible how do you ride all day have lunch with and not ever find out their names. And guess what? there is the hind end of that darn Mule, boy he sure knows where the camera is, there was no way around him. Well fellow bloggers this is the longest post I've ever done hope you were entertained, I'm going to bed it's 1:00 am here, it has been a long strange day. I am not looking forward to the scenery outside my door when I get up. We went from Cloudy - Sun- Rain - Snow and oh no the snow stayed. Good -night.

3 comments:

Shirley said...

Good photos of some beautiful country- is that the same ride I went on to Silver Springs Lake? Good shot of Dave and Buster.

Janice said...

That is the same ride. We didn't go to the lake this time.Our group stayed mid level most of the way. We went up and came down the same way you did on that ride. You were probably standing right about where I took the picture of the purple wall.

Far Side of Fifty said...

Stunning photos, the purple wall is really something. So was the mule! I really enjoy all of your photos..very different scenery, so very beautiful! :)

The Mares

The Girls That Share My Life

Jazz

Jazz

Moxie

Moxie

Jade

Jade

Mattie

Mattie