Thursday, March 5, 2009

Premier Ridge

Here are some shots of a few of the participants of our ride a couple of weeks ago. We had a very good turn out, there was about 13 or 14 people. The weather was wonderful, it was sunny and the sky was blue as far as the eye could see, it was a great ride.
As you can see a few people like their Mules. There was two sets of them.
These two are out of a Morgan
We rode on Premier Ridge which is out behind Wasa Lake, we rode for about 3 or so hours. We stopped and had lunch. It was just about the right amount of time. i don't know about anyone else but aftwer about 4 hours I start to get a little sore.......all those old aches and pains start to kick in. This was some of the scenery we could look across at.

I didn't take any pics of my horse. She is such a good girl. Mattie is about 200 pounds overweight right now and she hasn't been ridden much this winter.......yes shame on me. Anyhow she stepped out and stayed right up with the guy in front who happens to ride a fast walking Mule. I was very pleased with her. She was so wet she looked like a Bashkir Curly, I could kick myself for not getting a picture. I thought she would be the only one working. There was enough snow out there that even the animals in good shape had to work some. We all got back with some pretty wet, tired horses. It was a really great day. You don't always get them around here at this time of year. As I'm typing we are having a blizzard yuk u...g...l...y!!!!! Well have to go brave the storm it is feeding time......it is definitely coverall weather.

2 comments:

Shirley said...

That is some nice country! Lets plan a trail ride out there this summer and invite all our blogger friends who want to experience trail riding in the great Canadian Rockies!

Janice said...

Sounds like a plan

The Mares

The Girls That Share My Life

Jazz

Jazz

Moxie

Moxie

Jade

Jade

Mattie

Mattie