Monday, July 6, 2009

Scenic Ride

A bunch of people from the Back Country Horseman went out to a place called Gailbraith, to camp and ride. I had to work so I went out Sat. after work and managed to get a ride in. the scenery was really beautiful. I also thought it would be a great place to get pics of Wildflowers. I managed to get a few but a lot of the flowers were repetitive. I never noticed that many of the flowers on the way out there. I have never been out there before and it is a good idea to keep your eyes on the road and not so much sightseeing. The road is quite narrow in spots and there were a lot of places where you wouldn't want to be off the road. On the drive back I was noticing all kinds of Wildflowers and was thinking I would take pics as I was driving.......not.... very bad idea. I didn't go off the road but I got my heart to racing a couple of times, so I decided I was definitely going to make it back out there to get some more pics. I saw flowers I have never seen before. I'm going to have to go get a book on Wildflowers so I can name them ,very pretty. I was impressed by the camping area. The (BCH) have been out there maintaining the grounds and the road. They have a very nice big corral right by the creek, there is a barrel there to fill with water for the horses.....they even have a user friendly outhouse. I was quite surprised by the amount of people using the area. Along the roadway out there, there are some nice spots on the creek, people camped all along there. People were fishing and quading everywhere.

These next few shots are of an Outfitters camp. It is so nice out there I wanted to stay. This place is what inspired the shot of Sage in the Buttercups. Well I'm going to have to post this outing in stages. My computer is having issues. It has taken a couple of hours to get these few pics. I will try again tomorrow.

2 comments:

Shirley said...

Fabulous! Looking forward to more photos, and maybe a trip up there next month.

CTG Ponies said...

Looks like an amazing adventure!

The Mares

The Girls That Share My Life

Jazz

Jazz

Moxie

Moxie

Jade

Jade

Mattie

Mattie