Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Another New Place To Ride

I was able to go riding on Sat for a few hours. It was to be an all day ride with some of the Kootenay Backcountry Horsemen but I couldn't do the all day thing but hey something is better than nothing. We were riding in an area that I was unfamiliar with, it is out in the Wasa Lake area. We started out our ride with some very iffy weather conditions. It was cloudy but not bad ,before we got off the road to the trailhead the wind picked up. The horses and mules started acting a bit goofy. After a while everybody settled in, we had been riding for about 20 min to a half hour when the hail hit.....and boy did it come down. That's what you can see on the ground,I took a shot of it when it was really coming down but it really didn't turn out. I discovered my little mare does not like riding in a hail storm

This is a shot of some of the scenery across from where we were riding.

This pic is of a little lake we came across, for the life of me I can't remember what they said the name was.

After riding for an hour or so I had to turn back...other commitments....don't ya just hate that life interfering with what you really want to do....oh well. I was able to follow our tracks back most of the way, there were quite a few places where I lost the tracks and had to search a little bit.( I have a tendency to get turned around when I'm on my own) All in all it was a really nice ride. My horse was a real doll when she had to go on her own, she reminded me on that ride why I keep her. ( She can be a real ? when she wants to be) On my way back I ran into some fellow KBCH just on their way out. This is Marcel with the Paints and his friend on the Bay. We chatted for awhile, Marcel had just purchased the black and white , boy he is a beauty he will do well with this one he's a four year old that has been well started but never been in the bush. He was so calm and willing. Good deal there Marcel.
Well that's it for this ,I'm late as usual and gotta run. Have a great Day. Hey Shirley this is a pretty good place to ride barefoot( not perfectbut pretty good for this area )you will like it come on over??????



9 comments:

DayPhoto said...

Beautiful! Spring in the woods! It also looks cold, but I would to be there with you.

Linda
http://coloradofarmlife.wordpress.com

IanH said...

Great looking country side. Looks like a fun day!

Shirley said...

Soon as breeding season is over I plan to start hauling out for trail rides. Probably the beginning of June. That gives Ted plenty of time to fix my trailer!

Sherry Sikstrom said...

Gorgeous country

Unknown said...

Thats so pretty. It's so flat here.

CTG Ponies said...

The scenery is gorgeous but the hail doesn't look like fun.

The Equestrian Vagabond said...

why right now it's hailing/snowing/iceballing/blowing gusts here, and I think I'll NOT ride today, thankyouverymuch! (Not that I'm a wimp or anything)
- The Equestrian Vagabond

Anonymous said...

Beautiul scenery, but too darn cold for me! :)

Laughing Orca Ranch said...

I'm with your mare....would not want to ride in hail. We get some pretty big hail here and it stings! gah!

I enjoyed seeing the horses in this post, though, and I'm glad you were able to get out for a little while and enjoy some time with your horse out in nature.


~Lisa

The Mares

The Girls That Share My Life

Jazz

Jazz

Moxie

Moxie

Jade

Jade

Mattie

Mattie