Saturday, January 2, 2010

1st Post Of 2010

Wow twenty ten just saying that is kind of mind boggling. I don't think I figured I would be around to roll that one around on my tongue. Well since I'm here and I don't think I whine a lot.....do I....well maybe.. but whatever, today I am having a bit of a pity party for myself, you can either follow along or tune out. I had a plan and par for the course it was run off the tracks. My dog , my horse and myself were going to load up on Sat. morning and head over to Shirley's in Creston. We were going to go sorting or cutting ...whatever was on the menu and just because everything was arranged and I could get out of here for an overnighter the weather went for #!#!!!#####. I resigned myself to the fact that I wasn't going anywhere and then this is what it looked like here this morning.
It has since clouded over and isn't looking nearly as pretty as it was earlier, well that just makes me feel so much better now I can quit being crabby about the whole thing...another time.....we will try again in Feb. Shirley, that will be when Dave comes home again and maybe I will be able to sneak away. So instead of going and having fun this is how we spent the morning .

Dave is heading back to work at 4:00 am Sun morning so this is a job he has been working at on and off since he got home in the first week of Dec. I think we have enough wood to last awhile now. When he gets home in Feb. he will have to be right back at it though because it won't be long after that and there will be plants and seedlings trying to stay alive.

George decided this was a job that he needed to inspect before we went much further. He made sure the Tractor was good and he inspected the Quad tires, he was definitely on a mission.


After checking everything he gave the go ahead to finish the job.
So even though I didn't get a break from the grind we did get something accomplished.

7 comments:

Shirley said...

Ah well; the next best thing to having fun is doing something constructive! That's a pretty good stack of wood. That little quad trailer sure is handy.

Janice said...

I'm so spoiled now with that Quad and trailer I can't hardly remember what it was like to do things the old fashioned way(good ol manual labor)

Sherry Sikstrom said...

Aww nuts! too bad you didn't get to go . Looks like you used your time well though

Laughing Orca Ranch said...

Ooohhhh, Cabin Fever. I know that feeling all too well. What gets to me the most is when everything starts to clear up and the snow melts....only to get socked in again with more snow or ice. bah!

I'm sorry you didn't get to go sorting and visiting your bud. But the snow sure did look pretty and you did get some good stuff done. I bet you all are sore, though. I love George! He looks so much like Garfield and his tail is so cool!

What does Dave do that he's away from home for so long? John only comes home for a day or two once a month, so I know how tough it can be when our men folk are away. We're part of the Single Wives Club, right?

~Lisa

Janice said...

Dave is an Underground Miner and the place he is working now has a schedule neither of us is to fond of.He works a month on and 2 weeks off.I think places that make guys work like that do a disservice to their employees and to their companies.That is a long time to work without a day off, I think it's just an accident looking for a place to happen but what can ya do lots of people are in the same boat.

gtyyup said...

I'm feeling for you...next time will come soon enough...keep those fingers crossed. But, you sure didn't let the day get away from you!

DayPhoto said...

Cabin fever...a very real malady. You live in a wonderful place.

You might want to visit http://manker.wordpress.com/ she is a horse woman and inn keeper in Montana.

Linda
http://coloradofarmlife.wordpress.com

The Mares

The Girls That Share My Life

Jazz

Jazz

Moxie

Moxie

Jade

Jade

Mattie

Mattie