Saturday, January 9, 2010

A Marvelous Day

I didn't get to ride my horse today but I did get to do something just as good...in it's own way maybe better. I got to go on a sleigh ride, the really cool part was well all of it but no really the cool part was that the horse pulling was once one of mine. I am so proud of her and impressed by her new owner. This guy really puts in the time and effort to get good end results. Take a look at this first picture at how well behaved these two are. H does this stuff all the time, frequently on his own so they are trained to stand properly and quietly. Nicely done.



We stopped and H got out to be the camera guy. I actually drove the team for about 2 feet.....Ok it was a little further than that,this is the first time I have ever done this. I have had opportunities before but I never felt comfortable enough try it. Now that I've had a little taste I think I'm going to be wanting to do this a lot more.......problem is I no longer own the perfect horse for the job.

How's that for a view. This is in the area we used to live in. I was reminded how much I miss it out there. Anyhow best not to dwell on that. I really enjoyed my sleigh ride and best of all my horse really has found her place in life.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I would have loved to take a ride in this sleigh. :)

Ed said...

Those are some really cool shots, and the videos are extra cool..:-)

Shirley said...

Wow, Moxie seems to be enjoying her new job! And look at you driving! Fun isn't it. Next thing you know, you'll be making a team out of Jake and Skookum..... just sayin'......

Janice said...

Already there. We were talking about it how nice a team they would make.

DayPhoto said...

What a lovely thing to do. I have never gotten to have a sleigh ride so having one would be delightful!

Linda
http://coloradofarmlife.wordpress.com/

thecrazysheeplady said...

Woohoo - you lucky dog!!! What nice horses!

gtyyup said...

Yea...ya lucky dog ;~) I'm sure you could easily fix the problem of not having the right horse! Great photos and video too!

Georgia Girl said...

Oh my a sleigh ride...how much fun that would be! I only have seen this on tv so it would be a treat to see in real life. Love the pictures and video!

The Mares

The Girls That Share My Life

Jazz

Jazz

Moxie

Moxie

Jade

Jade

Mattie

Mattie