Sunday, January 24, 2010

Sunday Challenge "Sports" And A Thank You

Ok I'm cheating I didn't get any shots of what one might think is tradional sports so this is what I'm going with instead. Swimming . Swimming Stick Race.She shoots she scores, Jolly Ball Driveway Soccer.

How about a little Cardboard Bobsledding. Well fellow bloggers that's it for me. Before I go though I really want to say a big thank you to the people that have been following along on my blog and the ones that browse through from time to time.I will try to keep this short, here's a little history about how I got started blogging. My friend Shirley over at Ride A Good Horse had started blogging she told me about it and said I should start one as well. I have to say I was quite skeptical .....maybe even a little cynical about the whole thing. Shirley walked me through the procedure to get started and thus Own A Morgan was created, I thought well it will be a good way to advertise my horses, I haven't sold a single horse through this blog but something else happened, I started following other blogs and I was hooked. This blog has linked me to so many warm, funny,interesting and oh so talented people. There are so many blogs I would like to follow but there is just not enough time in the day to get to everyone. I do have about a dozen blogs I try to get to on a regular basis, I know some people would say it's silly but you guys have contributed a lot of happiness to my life. You have made me laugh .......a lot and you have made me cry. Through this wacky machine I feel I have been privy to some of your trials and triumphs and been made a part of your lives as well, for this I want to say thank you very much and I hope you keep trailing along with me. This is my 200th post and so in the next day or so I am going to have a contest ........yahoo my first one. I will post on Mon. to tell you how to enter. Now I'm off to see what you all posted for the challenge. Later.

16 comments:

Shirley said...

First of all, let me say I love your humour in the photos, the cardboard bobsledding cracked me up!
Secondly, I think blogging has been great for you; it also got you using your camera more and figuring out the computer more- and it's been worth every brain-picking phone call! Congratulations on your 200th post!

aleisethefunny said...

Cool shots! So cute!

cdncowgirl said...

Very cute and clever.

Have to say that the cardboard bobsledding would be a hit!

Laughing Orca Ranch said...

lol! I love dog sports! These photos made me smile. You did good!

And thanks for the thoughtful words about your blog friends and your experiences with blogging. I'm glad I found you and have enjoyed visiting your blog and catching up with your interesting life each week.

Congrats on your 200th post! Here's to another 200 more!


~Lisa

Crystal said...

Hey congratulations on 200 posts, and I have to agree the cardboard bobsledding is awesome!

Tammy Vasa said...

Love the first picture! At first I thought it was an english springer spaniel. Looks very similar.

Thanks for stopping by to check out my Morgan shots! :)

Mrs. Mom said...

Hey Janice! Thanks for stopping by my blog and chatting with us! Nice to meet you- and wow-- those are some fine looking Morgans. Shirley is a riot- and I'm happy she helped you get going. Blogging is addictive, and there are so many awesome folks out there. Congrats on your 200th post too!!

Looking forward to reading more here, and getting to know you and your crew!

Oh- problem in the past-- long story short, Sonny came as a rehab horse almost three years ago now. My old App gelding died four years ago, right after my husband and I moved South. (Jack was 40.) We had a lot going on here, and I went from FT working horses, trimming horses, training horses, to being a Mom and a help w/ my husband's parents- no horses in my life at all.

Even though I grew up with horses of all sorts, this being a re-rider now on a formerly lame/ rehab horse is an adventure to be sure. Sonny has his moments, but.. to be fair we all do ;)

Right- theres more to the story, but I dont want to monopolize your blog! ;)

Ed said...

I love your takes on the challenges, the puppy bobsledding is just too cute..:-)
Congrats on the blog and I'm glad to get to know you..:-)

thecrazysheeplady said...

Dog sports are the best sports of all!

gtyyup said...

You've got perfect "sports" goin' here! Those bob sleddin' pups are just too cute.

Congrats on your 200th and cheers to at least another 200!

2manyhorses said...

Hey Janice...I check your blog for new entries everyday and look forward to the new ones. Congrats on the 200th! Hoping we can get together soon...Gail

DayPhoto said...

I loved every last one of these photos. The Puppy sled is a delight and seeing each one playing is precious.

Frankly I just love dogs, so this was very fun!

Linda
http://coloradofarmlife.wordpress.com/

Sherry Sikstrom said...

My kind of sports!
Glad Shirley got you blogging! That is how I met her ,I had read her blog on and off , then when I needed a pen mate for my filly I saw and Add,recognised Andee from Shirleys blog and away I went . There is a wonderful comunity out there in blog land and I am so glad also to have met such warm wonderful people! Excited to see what your contest will be

Horses Are Our Lives said...

love the dog sports. then puppies are just too cute! Love the dogs playing catch in the water!
http://picturesbybrenda.blogspot.com/2010/01/macro-monday-cactus.html

Far Side of Fifty said...

Congrats on your year of blogging! I do like you stick games and the cardboard sledders are just perfect! :)

Nivin Kadar said...

They are real sporty!

The Mares

The Girls That Share My Life

Jazz

Jazz

Moxie

Moxie

Jade

Jade

Mattie

Mattie