Monday, September 14, 2009

Kootenay Fall Fair

It was a wonderful day at the fair. The sky was a brilliant blue there was a huge turn out of people, there was much to see although I didn't get to go look at much. My own booth was very busy yahoo gotta like that.This wagon went by about every hour or so. It was full of people enjoying the tour of the old heritage town. The lady below was dressed in proper period clothing because guess where she was working.........the dress shop. I felt sorry for the employees of the old town as they all have to wear the period clothing and yes it is all authentic so you can well imagine how it might get to chafing and itching as the temperature rose.It got quite warm as the day progressed, I discovered a marvelous little van across the way from my booth they made the best .........the best Ice Tea, Lemonade and other cold drinks the name was the Blue Moose, I tried for a pic of the van but there were so many people around it it was impossible. I drank so much Ice tea I thought I would be sick......just like a little kid that doesn't know when to quit eating candy. I was having camera problems so a lot of my pictures are even worse than usual. Barb was standing in front of my booth in this pic. I never did get a very good shot of it.
The stilt lady. I finally got one to stop, everytime I saw one go by I was busy with customers so I kept missing them.
Even though you can't tell from the pictures the candle lady (Fran) and myself set up together because the candles go good with the plants etc. People kept going by and saying how nice the booths looked so I guess we did a good job setting up.
I knew when I saw this mounted officer she was riding my type of horse. She is riding a Morgan, not from the same lines as mine but a handsome fellow none the less. He was extremly well mannered and gracious as children kept running up to him trying for pats. I think he rather liked being the center of attention.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the tour! Really enjoyed being around the K F fair :D I dont see any problem with your pics. They are real nice. :)

The Mares

The Girls That Share My Life

Jazz

Jazz

Moxie

Moxie

Jade

Jade

Mattie

Mattie