Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Lily and Jake

Here are some
shots of Lily and Jake




I tried to type under the pictures to tell you a bit about the babies but it wasn't working, so you get what you get. The top 2 are Lily and the bottom 2 are Jake. Lily is very girly and sweet. Jake is all boy and typical of boys, a real brat. The mares are getting better about being so close. I am going to give them some more time and then they will get moved into the same pasture. I spend time in the pen with Jill and Jake everyday and she has gotten a lot better, not running away. Jake is getting more interested in what I am up to and gets closer, I have been able to pet him a few times. I will keep plugging away at it. Lily on the other hand is easy and fairly manageable. Well enough baby talk, I could go on all day. I have to get moving, lots and lots to do. Later have a great day.

2 comments:

Shirley said...

Wow; Jake sure has good bone! That mare puts a pretty good colt on the ground and the colour doesn't hurt one bit. Look at the muscle on that little rascal! Who are you going to breed Jill to this year?
And I think Lilly threw to the Morgan side more than the Canadian; she almost looks dainty, and seems to have really good balanced angle to her hip and shoulder. Nice babies!

Janice said...

Yeah Jake is going to be a very nice horse. Dave should get rid of both last years and keep Jake. Jill does have nice babies. It also helps that Dad is pretty nice too. If Jake was to stay black which he isn't he would be the spittin image of his dad.

The Mares

The Girls That Share My Life

Jazz

Jazz

Moxie

Moxie

Jade

Jade

Mattie

Mattie