Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Finally

I wasn't going to do this post just yet for fear of jinxing it. I finally got Jade off to the trainer. I am about 2 yrs behind with this horse. I send all my horses to one particular trainer for a month's worth of training, I just can't start them anymore. When I get them back they are a little ahead of the basics and then I can take it from there.Jade is a now 6yr old Morgan, so yes very late start. I have been on this horse a number of times, she is quiet but somewhat unwilling. She will follow another horse around but when asked to move away and step forward she just doesn't get it. She will spend a month with the trainer and then I will board her there for another month which will give me the use of the Indoor arena. I will also be able to do a few clinics while she's there. The reason I didn't want to say much yet is because this horse went as a 4yr old for training, she was there for 2 days got injured and had to come home. This mare was also in foal(just) so I left her to heal and get heavy with foal. When Lily was born and then weaned another yr and a half had gone by. So long story short the trainer now has time and I have a healthy horse ready to go. Fingers crossed, no more issues. I hope she spends some time around the cattle, her Sire was an accomplished cutting horse, maybe some of that will rub off.

8 comments:

Shirley said...

Hey, maybe you can do some team sorting there, and later on we can be a team!

Janice said...

Great plan that's what I was kinda thinking. I'm hoping Jodie will get some life into that horse and make her a little more competitive.

Lori Skoog said...

Jade is a very beautiful girl. I hope she has a good experience with the trainer.

Anonymous said...

Sometimes late starts are so much better for the horse. I've had things go far better with a four year old than a two year old. She's a nice looking mare.

Laughing Orca Ranch said...

All I know is Jade is one gorgeous girl. I hope her training goes well.

You have much to be thankful for my friend.

I hope you enjoy a wonderful Thanksgiving with your family, friends and four-legged loved ones, too.

~Lisa

Janice said...

Thanks Lisa ,ours is long past but I appreciate the sentiment.I do have much to be thankful for and am.

Ed said...

Good luck with the training, I just saw the Anchor D Outfitters vidor over at Shirley's blog and now I'm obsessed with getting there for one of their rides.:-))) Ever hear of them?

Sarah said...

She's beautiful!!! I'm glad that it works out now for her to go to the trainer now.

The Mares

The Girls That Share My Life

Jazz

Jazz

Moxie

Moxie

Jade

Jade

Mattie

Mattie